Read to find out what a former BBC journalist thinks should happen to the Sussexes.
The release of Prince Harry's memoir is a hotly anticipated event from the public's side, as well as from the Royal family's side. There are mixed reports on how far the Prince would go in detailing the events that led to his and Meghan Markle's exit from the Royal family.
Although the memoir hasn't been released yet, criticisms are pouring in and a particular individual has made calls for a certain form of punishment.
What is the memoir about?
The title of the memoir is the first clue into what Prince Harry feels in terms of his position within the royal family. The name 'Spare' is a reference to the adage 'the heir and the spare' implying that Prince Harry has been treated as a spare all this time, reports Metro.
The memoir comes at a very crucial point in history for the Monarchy, as Queen Elizabeth II passed away nearly two months ago, and the rest of the Royal family members, including King Charles III, are establishing and understanding their approach to maintaining the monarchy.
Alongside the announcement of the memoir, Prince Harry said:
I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.
It is not an entirely new venture for Prince Harry and Meghan to get comfortable with discussing personal matters on a broad platform. For example, the Oprah Winfrey interview on CBS highlighted how far the couple is willing to go in terms of revealing what they've experienced.
With regards to the memoir, it still remains to be seen the extent that Prince Harry is willing to tread, and if he's prepared for the ramifications as information deemed to be too damaging to the Royal family may block any future chances of mending bridges with his family.
Last week on Monday, Good Morning Britain featured Tom Bower, former BBC journalist, and writer, who is known for launching scathing attacks against the Sussexes. reports Express. Bower vehemently accused Prince Harry and Meghan of using their Royal titles for commercial purposes.
Furthermore, he placed the blame for the creation and release of Prince Harry's memoir on Meghan, a perspective that was challenged by the presenter Ed Balls, particularly noting that the publishing part was being carried out by the Prince, hence it suffices to believe that the memoir is the Prince's own work.
In addition to these criticisms, Bower said that the couple should be stripped of their Royal titles before the memoir is published. That being said, there is a possibility for the couple to lose their Royal titles if the information in the memoir is detrimental to the Royal family, reports Glamour.
The Sun reports that the death of Queen Elizabeth II prompted Prince Harry to make some immediate edits to ensure that his memoir maintains sensitivity. Ultimately, the direction that the Prince takes with his memoir can only be determined once it comes out on 10 January 2023.
⋙ Prince William has barely spoken to Prince Harry because of this
⋙ Meghan Markle shares her morning routine with Prince Harry and her kids
⋙ This is what Prince Harry and Meghan Markle want to do next